How to Choose the Best Face Moisturizer
Moisturizer is one of the most essential skin care products that everyone should use as part of their daily skin care routine. Regardless of your skin type, from oily to dry, using the right moisturizer can make a huge difference in keeping your skin looking happy, healthy, hydrated, and smooth.
But with so many different formulas and ingredients to choose from, finding the best moisturizer for your face isn’t always easy. Below are some key factors in finding the perfect moisturizer for your skin.
Face Moisturizer Benefits: Why Use Moisturizer?
First, it’s important to understand why using a moisturizer matters. Some people may think they don’t need to moisturize, based on their skin type. But in fact, most experts agree that everyone should use a moisturizer, regardless of their skin type, as moisturizers help to provide essential hydration, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that are essential for healthy-looking skin.
What to Look for in the Best Moisturizer for Face
Now that we know why using moisturizer is a must, let’s look at how to hone in on the right products for your skin and avoid moisturizers that don’t deliver. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for a moisturizer:
Even though all skin types can benefit from moisturizing, certain moisturizers work better on certain types.
- Dry - Those with dry skin need a high-performance moisturizer that is clinically shown to provide lasting moisture.
- Oily - If your skin is oily, look for a lightweight formula with non-greasy consistency.
- Normal - If you aren’t considered about dryness or excess oil, use any moisturizer you prefer.
- Sensitive - Those with sensitive skin should look for moisturizers that are formulated to be non-irritating.
- Combination - If you have combination skin, try applying an intensive moisturizer to the dry areas of your face and using a lighter formula on the oily areas.
The first question to ask when choosing a moisturizer is: does it work? The best moisturizers make use of powerful, plant-based active ingredients, like snow mushroom, that have been clinically shown to deliver intense hydration.
While there are many man-made chemicals that are effective at hydrating the skin, there are also plenty of plant-derived ingredients that work well and may be better tolerated by sensitive skin.
The best moisturizers often have antioxidant ingredients, which means that they won’t just hydrate your skin, but will also help to prevent and counteract sun damages and other environmental stress that can cause lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
Low Levels of Acids
While it’s not uncommon for moisturizers to contain ingredients like retinoic acid or alpha hydroxy acids, you’ll want to avoid them in high concentrations if your skin is dry or sensitive.
Not Too Greasy
Another thing top-rated and highly effective moisturizers have in common is lightweight texture that they doesn’t feel greasy, oily or heavy on your skin. A great moisturizer will feel silky, airy and fluffy and will layer well with other products in your skin care routine.
Our Recommendation: The Best Face Moisturizer for All Skin Types
If you're looking for the best moisturizer for your face, Hydration Cream from Kind Science might be a perfect ft. Formulated with efficacious, plant-based ingredients, like snow mushroom, sea buckthorn, and bakuchiol, Hydration Cream soaks your skin in moisture that’s clinically shown to last while helping to reduce the look of wrinkles and deliver a smooth, plump appearance.
Hero ingredients include:
- Snow Mushroom - This moisture magnet is proven to hold up to 1,000% of its weight in water, making it a true powerhouse of hydration.
- Sea Buckthorn - This superfood ingredient helps provide lasting hydration while providing nourishing your skin with essential omega 3s.
- Bakuchiol - A plant-based alternative to retinol, bakuchiol helps smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles for smoother, more youthful-looking skin.
These powerful, non-irritating ingredients make Hydration Cream a great moisturizer for all skin types. While gentle enough to suit dry or sensitive types, it’s but also proven to supply the vital hydration your skin needs.